Sunday, November 27, 2011

Why do i try to make myself think im straight?

Why do i try to make myself think im straight? is it because im afraid of how people in society will view me?

I can't answer this for you. I can tell you though that you are not the only one who thinks this way. The confusion is part of the process of figuring yourself out. It's not pleasant, but it is natural. Ask yourself why it's important that people think you are straight and I think you will find your answer.

It's natural to be worried about how people will think about you because we still live in a world of small minded bigoted people.

It's natural to fear losing friends and family.

But what's more important, living your own life or living in fear of what strangers think of you?

You sexuality is something that you will figure out over time. It's an intensely personal thing. You could be Gay, straight, bi or whatever. It actually doesn't matter what you are as long as you are happy.

It's easy for me to say sitting at my comfortable desk, but I know what it's like to question who you are. It's a process that for some of us take many years whilst others just know. It's complicated and it's frightening,

but...

you are not alone and you will learn that there is a whole world out there that embraces diversity and individuality.

The community is diverse and you can be anything you want to be. GLTBI people are soldiers, doctors, lifesavers, home makers, actors, business people, fathers, mothers, carers, Olympians and every other kind of person in between.

Who you choose to sleep with is only a tiny part of who you are. Don't let that tiny part stop you from living a life that is extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment