Thursday, November 10, 2011

Where's my silver lining?

There are times in our life where things just don't work. Times when all kinds of troubles appear to weigh us down or go wrong. Little troubles that pile up in to big troubles. Big troubles that shake our worlds, and unexpected troubles that knock the wind out of us.

We struggle to see the bright side.

We look up and we say, "where's my silver lining?"

The answer is that the silver lining is always there. The problem is not that it's hiding from us. In fact the Universe often places it in plain view. The problem is that we do not allow ourselves to see it. We make the conscious decision to wallow in our sadness. If positive thinking is a conscious decision then negative thinking must be too. If we can't wake up and say "look on the bright side", then we are making a conscious decision to wake up see only the clouds.

When you live life in each moment, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware then you know that the world around you is fashioned by your own consciousness. Positive happy energy and positive happy people attract the same in to their lives.

Everybody feels negativity. Make no mistake, I don't always walk through life in a haze of soft focus and happy smiles, but being present and aware in each moment means that I can stop and recognize negativity and combat it.

It means I can look for the positive in any situation and it gives me the confidence when I don't see it straight away to know that it is there. For me it is simple because I have already experienced the manifestations of my own energy.

It means that I can seek the silver lining confident in it's inevitability, rather than waiting for it to fall in to my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment